Labor Day weekend is upon us! So for those of us who wait until the last minute, we’ve compiled some Labor Day date ideas.
A three day weekend that essentially marks the end of summer, Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to take a trip or do something you wouldn’t normally do. On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with using the extra time to just relax with a staycation.
Out of Town Ideas
If you’re feeling the trip idea, (but maybe you’re worried you waited too long to plan something) here are some good last-minute labor day date trip possibilities:
- Bed & Breakfast –Find one within driving distance in a town you haven’t visited before, and spend the weekend exploring and relaxing.
- Music Festival –Most festivals offer one or two day tickets at the gate. Check here for festivals near you.
- Beach –There’s nothing like a last minute beach trip. Call hotels for availability – you may be able to get a great last minute deal.
- City Trip – U.S. News has a list of 10 Affordable Labor Day Getaways
Sometimes you just don’t feel like traveling, especially during a busy time like Labor Day weekend. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself! Here are some suggestions for a long weekend at home with your labor day date:
- Pretend You’re A Tourist –Where would someone who is visiting your town for the first time go? Chances are, you haven’t been there for a while (if ever). You might gain a new appreciation for the area in which you live, or at least have some fun along the way.
- Binge Watch Something New – The perfect activity if the weekend ends up being rainy and dreary. Choose a new show to get addicted to together.
- Host A BBQ – Invite some friends or other couples over for a barbecue. Make it a potluck – less work for you, but just as much fun.
- Pool Day –Spend a day (or the whole weekend, if you’re so inclined) at the pool. Soak up the last of that summer sun (don’t forget the sunscreen!)
There are some things you can do whether you decide stay home or travel:
- Check out a nearby state park – Pack a picnic and spend the day hiking and taking in the natural beauty of the area
- Go to the movies – If the weather has you stuck indoors, enjoy a classic “dinner and a movie” date
- Go to a sporting event – Look into the local teams in the area and see if there are any games happening this weekend.
Whatever you decide to do, remember, Labor Day is a time to celebrate our hard work and achievements. So relax, put your feet up, have a cold drink, and don’t be afraid to spoil yourself a little bit.
Encounter is the dating app for real people who are looking for a real relationship. Encounter is available now Free for iOS. Download Now and find someone special to spend your Labor Day weekend with.